“Someone once told me that human beings have three dimensions: how you see yourself, how others see you, and how you want others to see you. The closer the distance between the three dimensions, the more at peace you are and the more stable you become.”—Marwa Rakha (The Poison Tree)
“1. Don’t ever tell anyone they look tired.
2. Help people, and if you offer to help someone, follow through.
3. Be kind to people who work in retail and food service.
4. Let someone know you’re not interested.
5. Actually “hang out sometime.”
6. Be a little more honest.
7. Stop calling each other mean names on the internet.
8. Send more letters (not emails) and gifts.
9. Give more genuine complements.
10. Have more patience while waiting in lines.”—10 Little Things We Can Do To Make Life Easier For Each Other, Almie Rose (via rainydaysandblankets)
“Don’t tell me that you love me, because anyone can tell me that. Tell me that I make you tear up with anger and frustration, but at the end of the day you still want to lay down next to me, put your arms around me, and sleep.”—(via sixpenceee)
“What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the mornings, what you will do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.”—Pedro Arrupe (via psych-facts)